- Serves as the main point of contact for the site.
- Recruits three to five volunteer coaches for each team*.
- Communicates with Girls on the Run staff throughout the season and keep up
to date on emails to ensure that your team and coaches are informed.
- Aids in team member recruitment efforts by distributing marketing materials (provided by Girls on the Run) and spreading the word about Girls on the Run throughout the site community and via email using provided digital templates. This helps ensure there is a full team for each season at this location.
- Ensures at least one coach at every practice is CPR/First Aid certified.
- Ensures all coaches and the site liaison have a current background check through Girls on the Run. Background checks last two years.
- Hosts a pre-season planning meeting for all coaches to set the tone for a supportive coaching team.
- Offers support to families who need assistance with registration.
- Assists with distributing gear to participants who qualify. (Participants who qualify for free or reduced lunch may request gear such as running shoes, sports bra and sports hijabs from Girls on the Run.)
- Ensures that teams complete pre- and post-evaluations if applicable. (Girls on the Run works hard to receive grant funding in order to provide accessible programming to all. Some grants require evaluations be completed.)
*You may request assistance from Girls on the Run in recruiting coaches, but we cannot guarantee placement.